The store building was first constructed in c. 1805 by Joseph Waterman when he built his home and Saddle Shop next door. It wasn’t until John Moore rented the building in 1822 that it was first advertised as a “store establishment at Sugartown,” with an inventory of “dry goods, groceries, liquors, glass, china and Liverpool ware, oils, paints, drugs, iron monger, etc.” In 1835, Isaac Powell ran the store, and was appointed as the first Post Master of Sugartown. The store continued to change hands until it was finally purchased by Sharpless Worrall in 1847. Worrall reopened the store and was named Post Master. In 1874, Sharpless’ daughter Hannah married Hillery John, and together they took over proprietorship of the General Store. The John family operated the store well into the 1910s. It later became part of John’s Antique Shop.