Book Restoration Workshop
May 6 @ 9:00 am - 3:00 pm EDT| $170.00
Participants will be taught basic book repair techniques, and in the process learn about the book’s components and traditional hand bookbinding methods. They will dissect a book and reassemble it. Participants will deconstruct the book by detaching the covers and spine; removing the sewing, and disassembling the text. They will then reconstruct their book by performing page repair; resewing the text, and rehinging the covers and spine.
The book along with all additional materials are included, and tools will be provided.
Cost per Person: $170/Adult (Age 14 and Up).
Participants are welcome to bring their own book to restore but must get pre-approval.**
Class size is limited to 6 people. Participants must be over the age of 14. Participants under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
Length of Class: Typical class lasts about 5-6 hrs
**In order to obtain approval, please email the following photos of your book to firstname.lastname@example.org:
1. Front Cover, 2. Spine, 3. Back Cover, 4. Front Inside Hinge, 5. Back Inside Hinge, 6. Pages that need to be reinserted.
The approval process only occurs during business hours and may take a few days.
Workshops Health Safety Precautions
- Effective 3/3/2022, face masks are optional, not required.
- Workshops are limited to 6 persons maximum to allow for social distancing.
- All participants must abide by social distancing procedures.
- For the safety of our visitors and staff, any participant with visible signs of sickness (cough, etc.) will not be allowed to join the tour and will be given a refund. Please stay home if you are sick.
To review the Workshop Registration & Cancellation Policies, please visit: http://goo.gl/JzQINw.